Are you a large service provider looking to improve your network technology and stretch your money farther? Tired of accruing and servicing multiple devices to complete one communication function? The Cisco 12000 Series router is the solution to all of the questions that plague large enterprises when considering upgrading their routing infrastructure. The 12000 Series is a family of large-network GSR (Gigabit Switch Router) that allows your business to rapidly deploy new services that can generate new revenue, and reduce your capital and overall operating expenses. By taking full advantage of the modular, intelligent architecture of the Cisco 12000 Series, companies will not only see greater fluidity and efficiency in their networking experience, but in their bottom line.
The Cisco 12000 is available in a variety of chassis sizes, all which work seamlessly with versatile Cisco compatible card interfaces. The flexibility to scale the Cisco 12000 Series routers from 2.5-Gbps to 10-Gbps capacity per slot helps large provides see a continued return in the investment of previously-purchased card interfaces while allowing for network expansion at a later date.
You might be questioning if you really need a router with IP/MPLS technology? Consider this – though there are several different technologies are able to service your company’s networking goals (such as frame relay and ATM routing,) MPLS is now rapidly replacing these technologies in the marketplace, mostly because it is better aligned with current and future technology and needs. What about IP? IP’s unique protocol structure allows it’s to be globally communicable between all systems, something that can’t be said for Ethernet.
Below are some of the services a business can depend on when converting to an IP/MPLS router:
- IP/MPLS core (long-haul and regional)
- Optical private line aggregation (OC-48 to DS0)
- ATM/Frame Relay transport services (over an IP/MPLS core)
The Cisco 12000 series allows offers these important features:
- Cisco I-Flex design–A portfolio of shared port adapters (SPAs) and SPA interface processors (SIPs) that prioritize voice, video, and data services so you can meet your customers’ diverse service needs and stringent service-level agreements
- Advanced silicon and software technologies, for high standards of routing performance and QoS
- Comprehensive high-availability support to help avoid planned and unplanned network downtime
- Integrated core and edge feature set, supporting a wide range of business and consumer services
- Fully upgradeable modular switch fabric and Cisco IOS XR Software upgrade capability, to protect investments and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Redundant power supply.
- Standby router processors.
- Alarm modules
- Resilient Fiber.
Need something geared towards your mid-sized business? Check out Cisco 7500 Series Router or give us a call at (866)-IT-ASSET and let us help you decide which Cisco product is right for your business!
All Used Cisco Routers come with a full 1-year warranty (for end users). For details, ask your sales representative. 1-866-IT-ASSET