Internet Service Provideres (ISP) and demanding enterprises rely on Foundry SeverIron for their high performance networks. Ideal for web-hosting and high-traffic e-commerce sites, the ServerIron‘s Layer 4-7 application enabled switching provides sophisticated Internet traffic and content management features created to eliminate performance bottlenecks and optimize switching capacity . As a load balancing switch, Foundry’s SI-4G and SI-4G-SSL offer durable design, and delivers better reliability and performance in a cost-effective total package.
Foundry ServerIron 4G series application switches meet the demand for secure and optimized delivery of growing Web and triple-play services in the small- and mid-sized enterprise data centers. This entry-level switch series features the industry’s most feature-rich and affordable switches with support for a broad range of IP-based applications. The ServerIron 4G series offers an integrated purpose-built Web Firewall to protect enterprises’ Web-enabled applications from growing threats that target service disruption and compromise of sensitive information. This switch series packs powerful data-center class resiliency features and hardware-based security and acceleration to deliver rich application benefits previously only accessible to and affordable by large enterprise and service provider organizations.
- Compact and Resilient Design: The SI-4G features resilient fixed-configuration switches in a compact space saving size (1.5 RU high) making it simple to replace appliance products and servers.
- Datacenter Class Redundancy: Delivering high availability and non-stop networking is of utmost importance in network application delivery. Hardware redundancy features such as redundant, removable and hot swappable AC & DC power supplies are critical for maximum uptime
- Integrated SSL Acceleration Option: The SI-4G-SSL system is embedded with integrated hardware SSL acceleration for secure Web applications
- Flexible Connectivity Options: With four ports of Gigabit copper and fiber combination, and 100 Mbps copper connectivity options, the ServerIron 4G switch offers maximum flexibility for deployment in most networks.
- The ServerIron 4G-SSL-FIPS comes with a FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Level 2 certified SSL accelerator. The FIPS standard specifies the security requirements that are to be satisfied by a cryptographic module utilized within a security system protecting unclassified information within computer and telecommunication systems (including voice systems).
Need something specifically designed for small business? Check out Foundry BigIron RX or give us a call at (866)-IT-ASSET and let us help you decide which Foundry product is right for your business!
What is a Load-balancing switch? Sometimes referred to as layer 4-7 switches, a hardware Load-balancing device (HLD) works to extend the functionality of standard layer 2/3 switches. By directing computers to individual servers in a network, based on factors such as server processor utilization, the number of connections to a server, or the overall server performance, the HLD improves server response time allowing users to access data more readily. During times of heavy traffic-load, the use of a Load balancing switch optimizes the bandwidth available to each computer and minimizes the likelihood that any single server will be inundated by traffic. In addition to improving performance, an HLD also provides added security by protecting against intrusions such as denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
For more documentation, you can refer to Foundry Networks’ SI-4G-SSL Company Literature.
5-Year Foundry/Brocade Warranty
As the world’s largest reseller of refurbished Brocade hardware, we offer an extended 5-Year warranty to end-users for every piece of gear we deliver. This warranty includes advance replacement, which means when you call us to report a problem, our technical team will work with you quickly to assess the problem. If we cannot overcome it, we ship a replacement unit immediately. Your sales rep will then provide an email to you with RMA instructions for returning the faulty unit.
*In the event we cannot supply a replacement unit, we will provide a refund or credit once faulty unit is returned.
The defective product must be received by Townsend Networks within 30 calendar days from the date the RMA is issued. A defective product received by Townsend Networks more than 30 calendar days from the date the RMA is issued will not be accepted by Townsend Networks and will not be eligible for repair, replacement or credit.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, Pacific Standard.
We accept the following payment methods: