Looking for a switch that has proven its reliability and strength, time and time again, in the real networking environment? The mid-range modular The Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series switches, have earned a reputation as the most widely deployed networking switch.The 4500 model won the InfoWorld “Technology of the Year” award for “Best Enterprise Switch of 2006″. By offering non-blocking layer 2 through layer 4 switching capabilities for enterprise, small and medium-sized business (SMB), and metropolitan (metro) Ethernet customers to the Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series stands in a league of its own.
The Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series delivers:
- Investment protection provided by centralized architecture allows for the easy upgrade of all system ports to higher level functions with simple supervisor upgrades
- High availability guaranteed by hardware- and software-based resiliency are designed into the architecture to help minimize network downtime
- Ease of use and manageability–Web-based management offers centralized configuration and control of all ports for operational simplicity
- Comprehensive security–Advanced security capabilities mitigate information theft and limit damage from worms and viruses
- Power over Ethernet–PoE enables the deployment of new applications such as IP telephony, wireless access, video surveillance, building management systems, and remote video kiosks
- High-density solution scalability, offering up to 102Mpps non-blocking performance independent of the number of security policies or Layer 3 services enabled
- Deployment flexibility with broad selection of chassis, high-performance supervisors, line cards, and power supplies
The strength of the Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series is featured in a centralized modular architecture that provides operational simplicity, media flexibility, and expandability, which extends deployment life. With a predictable and long deployment life, the Cisco Catalyst 4500 becomes a pleasure to use, with reduced cost of ownership, minimized recurring operational expenses and improved return on investment (ROI).
The Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series gives the user control to the network edge with intelligent network services including dependable performance, top-of-the- line security, comprehensive management, and converged resiliency both in software and hardware.
Want to compare the features of other models? Check out Cicso Catalyst 3500 or give us a call at (866)-IT-ASSET and let us help you decide which Cisco product is right for your business!