Running a highly effective IT department on a budget can be a struggle. While IT equipment, software, and accessory needs vary across industries, the cost of buying and running necessary equipment takes a toll on even the biggest corporations.
In response to this need, Townsend Networks is dedicated to buying and selling fully functional and top quality gently-used IT equipment at 80% off the retail price. One of our company’s most popular items is the Brocade ICX6610-48-PE ICX Series Switch.
What is a Brocade ICX Series Switch and Why Would My Company Need One?
The Brocade ICX Series provides seamless, wire-speed performance to support a variety of high-demand online services applications, including video streaming and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
Offering unprecedented flexibility and cost-effectiveness, the stackable ICX Series is used by large companies, organizations, and campuses as an alternative to individual ports and outlets. Because of their quality, power, and ability to be stacked using stacking ports (which saves time and space during installation), Brocade switches are preferred by many IT departments.
All Brocade ICX 6610 models have eight dual-mode 1 GbE/10 GbE SFP+ ports and four 40 Gbps QSFP ports, used exclusively for stacking.
New or used, brocade switches are a must-have for every growing business that relies on video conferencing, needs national or global communications, processes large numbers of customer service claims, manages a number of virtual desktops, and/or allows members or employees to use their own devices within their servers.
Features of the ICX6610-48-PE Brocade Switches
The ICX6610-48-PE is one of the most efficient brocade switches available. All units come with the base software included and feature:
- 48-port 1 GbE RJ45 PoE+
- 8×1 GbE SFPP uplink ports (with the option to upgrade to as high as 10 GbE)
- 4×40 GbE QSFP stacking ports
These units are also made with a power-supply-side exhaust port, hot-swappable fan assembly, and a 1000 W power supply.
Additional features include:
- Space efficiency: Designed to fit in server racks, the ICX consumes only one rack unit and offers dual-integrated power supplies and flexible cooling options.
- Versatility: Class-leading 10 GbE port count is ideal for mixed 1 GbE/10 GbE server connectivity environments.
- Advanced layering capabilities: All Brocade ICX 6610 models have IPv4 and IPv6 Layer 3 capabilities, and can be upgraded for more advanced layering.
- Support of SDN: The Brocade ICX 6610 enables Software-Defined Networking by supporting the OpenFlow 1.0 and 1.3 protocol, which allows communication between an OpenFlow controller and an OpenFlow-enabled switch.
- Enhanced buffering: With an 8 MB packet buffer, the Brocade ICX 6610 has deeper packet-forwarding buffers than the Brocade FCX Series.
- Quiet operation: With a software-controlled power supply and main unit fans, the Brocade ICX 6610 produces minimal sound (as low as 40 db with a single power supply unit and fan trays).
- High CPU power: Its superior processing power makes the ICX 6610 adept at highly scalable real-time encryption on management data.
Why Choose the ICX6610-48-PE Brocade Switches for Your IT Department?
The reason that most companies choose the ICX6610-48-PE new or used brocade switches is to take advantage of the stacking features. This saves money upfront by offering the option to buy only the processing ports they need, with the option to upgrade as their company grows. Most switches are purchased as accessories for a chassis. While the chassis is a stable option, it is an expensive investment that provides more processing power than most companies will ever use.
Why Shop for Your New or Used Brocade Switches with Townsend Networks?
Why purchase anything full price when that money could be going to better use? Townsend Networks provides you with easy access to the products you need without having to sacrifice large portions of your IT budget.
- Value: All of our quality, certified products are discounted by up to 80% off the retail value
- Assortment: Townsend Networks is the world’s largest reseller of refurbished Brocade hardware
- Peace of Mind: All Brocade products are fully tested and come with a standard 5-year advance replacement warranty
Ready to experience the benefits of purchasing brocade switches? Contact Townsend Networks today at 866-IT-ASSET or email@example.com to discuss how our products can meet your needs and budget. And if you have products you’re no longer using, Townsend also purchases used equipment. Unload your excess technology and save money at the same time!